Update: The final approval hearing for this settlement is set for March 24, 2022, at 9:00am central time. Call in information for the hearing is as follows: 888-684-8852, access code 746-1053.
If you received a telephone solicitation for Tribune between December 11, 2017, and April 15, 2021, you may be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.
A federal court authorized this notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- A Plaintiff (“Class Representative”) brought a lawsuit alleging that telephone solicitations made for Tribune Publishing Company (“Tribune”) to phone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA"), 47 U.S.C. § 227.
- A settlement has been reached in this case, which, if approved, will provide a $1,700,000 fund (“Settlement Fund”) from which eligible persons will receive cash awards. The cash awards are estimated to be about $30.00 each.
- You are very likely in the “Settlement Class” if you received a notice by US Mail and/or email. A more detailed description of the Settlement Class is below A more detailed description of the Settlement CLass is below.
- You do not need to do anything to receive payment. Unless you exclude yourself, if the settlement is approved, you wil receive a check for approximately $30.00.
- In addition to paying settlement awards to Settlement Class Members, the Settlement Fund will be used to pay attorneys’ fees and costs to attorneys representing the Class Representative and the Class (“Class Counsel”), any award to the Class Representative, the reasonable costs of notice and administration of the Settlement, and a possible charitable contribution if there are uncashed settlement award checks.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Read this notice carefully.
- En el sitio web, www.tribunetcpasettlement.com, hay una notificación completa del acuerdo en Español. Para obtener información por teléfono, llame al 1-800-543-4459.
|Your Legal Rights and Options in this Settlement|
|Obtain Payment||Class Members who received a notice of the Settlement in the mail, and who do not exclude themselves from the Class, do not need to do anything further to obtain payment.|
|Exclude Yourself or "Opt Out" of the Settlement||Get no payment. If you exclude yourself, you will not waive any rights you may have against Tribune, its vendor CES, or any other Released Party with respect to the legal claims in this case.|
|Object||Write to the Court about why you believe the Settlement is unfair.|
|Go to a Hearing||Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement if you file a valid and timely objection.|
These rights and options - and the deadlines to exercise them - are explained in this notice. The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. Payments will be made if the Court approves the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved. Please be patient.